NEXUS is proud to award the Memphis Mentoring Awards in conjunction with our Annual Leadership Luncheon on March 1. This special event highlights those individuals/organization/company who shares our passion for Mentoring.
Join us on March 1 for the NEXUS Leadership Luncheon at Second Presbyterian Church. Speaker with Loren Roberts, “Boss of the Moss”, PGA Tour-Champions Tour Player who will be speaking about the impact of Mentoring.
Nominations are being accepted in the following categories:
- Mentoring Organization/Non Profit: An Organization/Non-Profit that successfully promotes mentoring through relationships and teaching for the betterment of the community.
- Mentoring Industry/Company: An Industry/Company that encourages and promotes
mentoring to it’s employees for the betterment of the community
- Outstanding Male Mentor: Male leader within the Memphis community that has shown outstanding leadership and mentorship and impacted the next generation.
- Outstanding Female Mentor: Female leader within the Memphis community that has shown outstanding leadership and mentorship and impacted the next generation.
- Outstanding NEXUS Mentor: A NEXUS Alumni that continues to given back to the NEXUS program and the Memphis community through the tools he/she learned from their NEXUS Experience(s) to the emerging leader base.
If you know of a person/company/organization who is making a difference through Mentoring, CLICK HERE to make your nomination today through February 12.
We are excited about the session schedule for the NEXUS Class of 2016, we have invited dynamic Memphis leaders that will speak each month on leadership topics that we believe every leader must master! Alumni are invited to attend the monthly sessions.
Please contact NEXUS, email@example.com for any questions regarding recruitment for the Class of 2016.
Announcing the NEXUS Class of 2016 Session Speakers and Dates:
August 22, 2015 / Opening Retreat / For The Kingdom Camp / Memphis, Tennessee / 8:30am-4:30pm
September 10, 2015 James Armfield, CEO, Firethorn Pictures & Larry Jensen, President & CEO, Commercial Advisors, LLC
October 1, 2015 Terri Lee Freeman, President, National Civil Rights Museum
November 5, 2015 Harry L Smith, Partner, HNB Partners & Former Chairman & CEO, Schilling Enterprises
December 3, 2015 William C. Losch, III, EVP & Chief Financial Officer, First Horizon National Corporation
January 7, 2016 Bartholomew Orr, Senior Pastor, Brown Missionary Baptist Church
February 4, 2016 J. Scott Fountain, Senior Vice President & Chief Development Officer, Baptist Memorial Health Care Foundation & Susan S. Stephenson, Co-Chair & President, Independent Bank
March 10, 2016 G. Scott Morris, M.D., M.Div., Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Church Health Center
April 7, 2016 Michael L. Ducker, President & CEO, FedEx Freight
May 12, 2016 Laura Morris, Executive Director, Shelby Farms Park Conservancy
NEXUS: A Proven Experience in Leadership
The need to encourage and equip the next generation of community leaders in Memphis is obvious to those who know our city best. To meet this demand, our young leaders need a place where they can learn proven leadership skills in a mutually challenging environment from top-flight coaches and mentors. Such a place is now available in Memphis. It is called NEXUS: A Proven Experience in Leadership.
Founded in 2003, NEXUS is a vehicle for the development and improvement of leadership skills, as well as a means for participants to make valuable connections with leaders in the Memphis community. Relationship is the key component of the NEXUS experience. NEXUS is unique in that it seeks to duplicate the experienced leader and develop the young, emerging leader through mentorship and relationship.